Data protection policy
Expertise France, in its capacity as data controller, attaches the utmost importance to the confidentiality and security of all information and personal data collected from users of the " https://meetafrica.fr/" website. It undertakes to ensure that the processing of personal data carried out on meetafrica.fr complies with the provisions of the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 as amended, concerning the protection of privacy, as well as the General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD) of 27 April 2016.
The data protection information below informs you of the types of processing of your personal data carried out by Expertise France in its capacity as Data Controller. Personal data is information that can identify you directly or indirectly, or that may be assigned to you.
Each online service limits the collection of personal data to what is strictly necessary (data minimisation) and is accompanied by information on :
the data controller and the purposes for which the data are collected (purposes);
- the legal basis of the data processing ;
- the compulsory or optional nature of the collection of data for the management of your request and a reminder of the categories of data processed;
- the categories of persons concerned;
- the recipients of the data ;
- the length of time the data is kept ;
- security measures (general description) ;
- the existence of any data transfers outside the European Union or automated decision-making;
- your rights regarding your data and how to exercise them with Expertise France.
The personal data collected as part of the services offered on meetafrica.fr are processed according to secure protocols and enable Expertise France to manage the requests received through its forms.
- The Data Controller
The MEET Africa programme was born of an observation and a desire shared by two continents. Africa is a continent bubbling with potential and innovation and its European diaspora is a dynamic and legitimate relay.
This MEET Africa programme is part of the continuity of actions carried out for years by the European Union and the Member States, in particular France and Germany, to promote the dynamics of wealth and job creation in Africa. Thus, we believe in the animation of an entrepreneurial ecosystem between this diaspora and the European and African support actors.
We choose to support them with a dedicated scheme. They have plenty of dreams and ideas. What they need is interconnected guidance and support networks to move from desires to reality.
MEET Africa exists to empower entrepreneurs to contribute to economic development and job creation in their home countries.
From the provision of targeted information, to the connection with support actors and accompaniment to financing, MEET Africa aims to be the organic and organised network of diaspora entrepreneurs.
Expertise France is responsible for processing personal data for the purposes described in this Policy.
- Purposes of collection and processing
Expertise France collects and processes Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Carry out operations relating to the management of applications for the MEET Africa support programme;
- Carrying out follow-up of the candidate relationship such as satisfaction surveys, selection of candidates for studies, surveys.
- respond to requests for information from users of https://meetafrica.fr/ and for any questions regarding its activities;
- to improve the user experience on the https://meetafrica.fr/ websites, as well as to compile traffic statistics (cookies);
- Categories of data collected
The personal data processed is collected directly from users when they request information or submit an application.
Depending on the purpose of the processing, different categories of Personal Data relating to users of the services offered by Expertise France may be collected, stored and used by Expertise France. The categories of Personal Data collected are :
- personal identification data
- electronic identification data
- login data
- Recipients of the personal data collected
The Recipients are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA").
The Recipients, as the case may be, process the Personal Data as :
- subcontractors, when acting on the instructions of Expertise France,
- joint controller, when they participate in determining the purposes and means of the processing operations carried out with Expertise France
- separate controllers, where they process personal data for their own purposes.
Personal data may also be transferred to public administration and authorities, including tax authorities, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Audience measurement and user experience improvement
In order to optimize the navigation of the users of the site, to follow the frequentation and to improve the website, Expertise France uses the following tools:
You can change your cookie management and settings at any time from the cookie manager tab at the bottom right of your browser page.
- Length of time the data is kept
Personal data is kept until the purpose for which it was collected has been fulfilled. They are kept for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are processed, this period being subject to the applicable legal limitation periods.
It may also be deleted on request, in accordance with the section below on data subject rights.
- Exercising the rights of data subjects with respect to personal data processed
In accordance with current data protection laws and regulations, you are entitled to:
- to access and obtain information about the processing of your data;
- to request the rectification and modification of your data;
- to request the deletion of your data ("right to be forgotten");
- to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- to request the portability of your Personal Data: to obtain the Personal Data communicated and to obtain the transfer of the same, upon request (if this right is applicable to the processing concerned by the exercise of the right of the person exercising it);
- to object to the processing of your Personal Data.
Persons concerned by the processing of their personal data by Expertise France are entitled to request communication of such data by contacting
by post (with a copy of the front of your identity card if you wish to exercise your rights) to the following address
French Agency for International Technical Expertise
Public establishment of an industrial and commercial nature
40 boulevard du Port Royal - 75005 Paris
In addition to the rights mentioned above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority, the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (CNIL) on www.cnil.fr.
- Data security
Expertise France undertakes to process your personal data by taking all appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal data collected, in order to prevent any unauthorised access, falsification, disclosure or destruction of such data.
In the event that we become aware of a breach of your personal data arising from any of our processing operations, we will:
- Notify you of the incident as soon as possible;
- Examine the causes of the incident and inform you;
- To take reasonable steps to mitigate the negative effects and damage that may result from the incident.