Frequently asked questions
Can I send my application by email?
Allapplications must be submitted on our meetafrica.com website in the dedicated applicant area.
We will only consider complete and submitted entries ("submit" at the end of the application process).
Can I send you my business plan instead?
Wedo not accept business plans. Only online applications submitted via the Applicant Page are accepted.
Will I receive a confirmation of receipt of my application?
Youwill receive a confirmation e-mail indicating that your application has been registered and submitted. You can review or modify the elements of your application at any time by visiting your space before 15 June 2022.
I have already applied to MEET AFRICA 1 and/or MEET AFRICA 2 in the past, but my company was not selected. Can I apply again this year?
Ifyour company was not selected, you can apply again this year.
Is my information confidential?
The information you provide in your application will be made available to third party organisations responsible for :
- Manage the application portal
- Review and assessment of your application
- Supporting you and your company in the programme
Please note that they all sign our non-disclosure agreement. However, if you feel that any information may be too sensitive (e.g. due to a pending patent), we advise you to seek legal advice from someone within your institution.
The personal information collected directly from you by Expertise France is processed automatically in order to manage and evaluate your application and you. Your personal information will be kept for as long as necessary for the duration of the MEET AFRICA programme.
Access to your personal data is strictly limited to Expertise France (and, where applicable, to our subcontractors).
In accordance with European Regulation No. 2016/679/EU of 27 April 2016, you have the right to access, rectify, portability and erasure of your data or to limit the processing. You may also, on legitimate grounds, object to the processing of your data. You may, subject to the production of valid proof of identity, exercise your rights by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or complaints, you can contact the competent supervisory authority in your country.
When will I know if I am selected?
Applicants willbeinformed of the status of their application on 1 August.
I am not the sole founder of my company and I have a partner, can I apply?
Weaccept applications from companies run by several co-founders. However, for the purposes of the application, the company can only be represented by one person. You can specify your partners in the team description.
What is the deadline for receiving applications
Thecall for applications closes on 15 June 2022.
In which language can I fill in my application form?
Thelanguages allowed are French and English.
I have two businesses. Can I submit two applications?
No. Applicants can only enteronecompany.
What defines a member of the diaspora?
Forthe first session, the competition is open to :
- Applicants from the diaspora of the project partner countries residing in one of the European Union member states.
- members of the diaspora from these countries who have been resettled in one of the partner countries for less than three years at the time of application.
Which countries are eligible for the programme
Applicants must belong to the diaspora of one of the following six countries and set up their project there: Tunisia, Morocco, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Mali, or Cameroon.
Pre-registered applicants from other African countries can also submit their projects.
They will receive support to identify the weaknesses of their project, to develop their entrepreneurial ideas, to be informed about the different stages of business creation, and to be directed towards the existing support tools for the emergence of projects.
What are the conditions to participate in the programme?
Eligible projects are business creation or development projects that are less than three years old:
- carried by members of the African diaspora in partner countries,
- located in one of the project partner countries or whose planned activity concerns both continents.
Projects for the creation or development of companies less than three years old are also eligible:
- carried by the African diaspora in Africa
- established in one of the African partner countries of the project (e.g. a Senegalese entrepreneur based in Morocco)
What are the selection criteria for the programme
Projects are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Quality, motivation, experience and skills of project leaders or managers.
- Analysis of the need, quality and relevance of the proposed response, knowledge and size of the market.
- Adequacy between the skills and qualifications of the holder(s) and the activity planned or carried out.
- Product or service offering and growth potential in the country concerned.
- Quality and realism of financial forecasts.
- Quality of the financing solution and the three-year financing plan.
- Potential for job creation in the country concerned.
For companies that have already been in existence for more than one year, the figures for past activity will also be rated on the basis of economic viability (profit and loss account) and solvency (balance sheet) criteria.